Don’t be left out in the cold when temperatures plummet this winter! The best way to keep your furnace from breaking down when it’s pushed to the limit is to look for signs of trouble. By being observant, you’ll be able to call for furnace service before it becomes an emergency. The pros at American Air Heating & Cooling want you to watch out for these indicators that you should call for furnace repair in Rock Hill, Fort Mill, Charlotte, and surrounding areas of the Carolinas:
- Your pilot light is yellow – Your pilot light should always be blue. Call for furnace service immediately if you see a yellow pilot light and leave the house. A yellow pilot light could mean that you have a carbon monoxide leak.
- You hear strange noises – Every heating system makes some type of noise. But you should be concerned if you hear high-pitched squeaking sounds or popping noises. This could mean that a part is loose on your furnace.
- You only feel cold air – If your furnace is only blowing out cold air, even after it’s run for a while, call us ASAP. Your furnace could be headed for a breakdown.
- You see dust everywhere – If you see an increase in the amount of dust in your household, it could be because of your furnace’s filters. Check the them and change them out on a regular basis.
- Your energy bill is extremely high – Have you noticed a spike in your energy bill? Your furnace may not be working as efficiently as it should. We can diagnose the problem and help you get those power bills down.
- Your furnace is old – A furnace will typically last for 15 years or more if it’s been maintained. If your unit is older than that, it may be time to start thinking about a replacement.
Give American Air Heating & Cooling a call if you need timely furnace repair in Rock Hill, Fort Mill, Charlotte, and surrounding areas of the Carolinas. We want to help you stay warm all winter long!