Staying warm during the winter isn’t enough. Getting the right heating system for your home is critical for keeping that warm air circulating through your home both safely and efficiently. Choose the wrong type of heat and you’ll run the risk of having to call for heating repair in Charlotte and Rock Hill, SC more often than you’d like. One of the most common household heating systems on the market is the furnace, but is that the right system for your home? Here are some tips from American Air Heating & Cooling to help you make the right choice:
- Do you get too warm or too cold? – If you get cold easily, then a furnace might be the best option for you. These systems tend to generate more warmth. If you get hot in a hurry, you might want to take a look at other heating systems like heat pumps.
- How they work – A furnace heats the air surrounding it, then sends it to your vents to be spread throughout your household.
- Ignition – Depending on the type of system you buy, your furnace may be powered either by heating oil or gas.
- Ductwork – Every furnace needs a ductwork system. It’s important to keep that system maintained.
- How long do they last? – A furnace can last up to 15 to 20 years but it all depends on how well you maintain it.
Wondering if a furnace is the perfect option for your home? Give American Air Heating & Cooling a call to find out. We’re also available for heating repair in Charlotte, Rock Hill, Fort Mill, Indian Land, and surrounding areas of the Carolinas.